Finished Dimensions (mm): 100, 102, 102 (Assembled)
Model type: Single Part – Multiple part assembly
STLhive 3D printing Product Feature/Benefits:
- Use the LASER to communicate using Morse code up to 100 Metres (109 Yards).
- Learn Morse code here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code
- Four (4) pieces are assembled after printing to eliminate the need for support material while printing.
- Print orientation (As shown) is intended to maximise part strength but may require more support material. Reorientation of the part may result in less required support material but may dangerously weaken the part resulting in the part breaking while in use.
- Printing the top upside down created a very clean finish inside the part that makes assembly easier.
- This is an original STLhive design. It is specifically designed for 3D printing and is not available from anywhere other than STLhive.com.
Additional items required:
- Screws for final assembly (x2) = http://www.mcmaster.com/#90184a273/=yc5ftq
- Screws to mount Arduino (x4) = http://www.mcmaster.com/#96817a892/=yc5f1i
- LASER = https://www.adafruit.com/products/1054
- Photo Resistor (x1)= https://www.adafruit.com/product/161
- Arduino Uno R3 (x1)= https://www.adafruit.com/products/50
- Buzzer 5VDC (x1) = https://www.adafruit.com/products/1536
- Battery Holder (or similar) (x1)= https://www.sparkfun.com/products/552
- Battery Snap (Not Shown in model – x1)= https://www.sparkfun.com/products/91
- Pushbutton Switch (x2) = https://www.sparkfun.com/products/97
- On/Off Switch (similar to model – x1) = https://abra-electronics.com/switches/toggle-switches/tts-110-subminiature-toggle-switch-spdt-3a-125v-tts-110.html
- LED (any colour you choose, 5mm – x3) = https://abra-electronics.com/opto-illumination/leds-bare/10mm-leds/led-10w-10mm-white-diffused-led-led-10w.html
Additional fabrication required:
- Typical removal of support material if Reqd.
- Assembly Reqd.
- Painting would add to the project.
Purchasing / Downloading:
- You have 24 hours to download your parts after purchase.
- When you buy this part, you get “.STL” files in a “Zipped” folder (For Windows).
- STLhive’s recommended printing suggestions are determined based upon the part’s usage. Safety is out main concern.
- Alternate orientations may provide prints that use less support material but you do so at your own risk. We try whenever possible to orient the grain structure to maximize part strength.
- This part is intended to be printed using high quality printers; and is modeled with great attention to detail. Printing quality is determined by the printer you are using, your printer set-up and by the type and quality of material used.
- When printing parts designed for Powder LASER sintering Filament based printers may struggle to provide a part that is easy to free from support material.
- We own the intellectual rights to all the content on our website because we created it!
- We would ask that you don’t share this part with your friends; we have priced it so that it is less painful to purchase our parts than it is to share them.
- If you are the naughty-type that shares files without permission (no you don’t have permission!) could you please give us a “shout-out” in return? Thanks!
- Our parts are not to be sold on other websites – please inform us of any such activity!