Currently we have not had the opportunity to produce instructional material to help with assembly and wiring. this will be done only if enough customers request it. we are currently designing more quadcopters because it is so much fun. if you want more info contact us – we understand you may need a little bit of help with assembly especially wiring (routing).
This machine uses standard off the shelf equipment and is designed to use the CC3D Revolution and the CC3D Revolution GPS antenna. The GPS antenna is mounted internally for protection which may reduce it’s effectiveness to some degree (we did not notice any change).
Its flying qualities are what you would expected from a heavier machine. Like driving a bigger car turns and manoeuvres happen slower with greater stability. This is a good learning platform that will teach pilots how to conserve energy and coordinate turns etc.
Choose a battery with high C rating to cope with the greater power requirements associated with a heavier machine. Batteries from 1800mAh and lower will fit into the special sliding battery tray. Standard electrical connections for battery are in place to the rear of the battery bay. The Video transmitter is located on the outside of the machine to allow for easy cooling and convenient channel changing. Flight times: 3-6 Min. as tested with Equip. below.
Components and wiring is kept in place with clips (integral) and retaining walls made from thin material like acetate or cardboard (cutting template provided in download).
We have had lots of fun flying this machine. people can’t believe we made it from scratch!
“Finally 3D printing with a purpose” one bystander remarked! Please contact us if you would like specific modifications made to accommodate different popular hobby components. we will try our best to accommodate your requests. In fact….the reason this model is available for free download is because we want your feedback and think that a free model makes it worth your while. This is a complex model and it took us 16hrs to print it. we have flown it for many hours and are happy with the results. to date we have had only one crash that lead to damage. The fuselage suffered a small crack that we ignore and the Video transmitter antenna needed to be replaced!
See below for more model details about this genuine STLhive.com part.
Detailed Product Description
FPV Class: 250
Weight: 500g (PETG/1mm wall thickness/ %25 infill)
Flight controller: Mini CC3D Revolution with GPS
ESC: Mini 20A ESC w/ SimonK AutoShot, 5V/1A BEC (Lumenier – GetFPV – 2740)
Battery: 11.1V 3S 1800mAh 3S – 30C+ (LiPo)
Distribution-Board: Compact-Mini, 2mm bullet (Hobby King – 107000388-0)
Receiver: FrSky 2.4Ghz AFHDS
Camera: NTSC/PAL, 1200TVL, 5-20 VDC, 2.8mm lens, 2D and 3D DNR, IR block
Video Transmitter: Super Mini VTX, 5.8Ghz, 200mw 40CH, 7~24V (FX – FX799T)
Video Electrical Filter: Mini 0.7A (HobbyKing – 9171000573-0)
Please contact us if you have questions about components via our contact page.
STLhive 3D printing Product Feature/Benefits:
- Print orientation (As shown) is intended to maximise part strength but may require more support material. Reorientation of the part may result in less required support material but may dangerously weaken the part resulting in the part breaking while in use.
- This is an original STLhive design. It is specifically designed for 3D printing and is not available from anywhere other than STLhive.com.
Additional items required:
- To assemble you will need 15 screws not included (#8, Pan-Head, 0.75in Long – or Equivalent).
- Wiring and related supplies.
Additional fabrication required:
- Typical removal of support material if Reqd.
- Drill printed holes to full internal diameter if Reqd.
Purchasing / Downloading:
- You have 24 hours to download your parts after purchase.
- When you buy this part, you get “.STL” files in a “Zipped” folder (For Windows).
- STLhive’s recommended printing suggestions are determined based upon the part’s usage. Safety is out main concern.
- Alternate orientations may provide prints that use less support material but you do so at your own risk. We try whenever possible to orient the grain structure to maximize part strength.
- This part is intended to be printed using high quality printers; and is modeled with great attention to detail. Printing quality is determined by the printer you are using, your printer set-up and by the type and quality of material used.
- Filament based printers (like Makerbot and RepRap) may struggle to provide a part that is easily freed from support material.
- Don’t copy our stuff please! – We own the intellectual rights to all the content on our website because we created it!
- We would ask that you don’t share this part with your friends; we have priced it so that it is less painful to purchase our parts than it is to share them.
- If you are the naughty-type that shares files without permission (no you don’t have permission!) could you please give us a “shout-out” in return? Thanks!
- Our parts are not to be sold on other websites – please inform us of any such activity!